Monday, December 20, 2010

Deliver Me From Evil...The Wedding Program

In my previous post, it seemed that the business who told me they could handle the layout and printing of our wedding programs, indeed, could NOT handle it.  I'm not one to name names which is why this store is not listed but it rhymes with the word 'maples.'  Again, I didn't say it, you can just guess it and think about it in your head.

Once my niece and I got back to my parent's house after our awesome girl's day, I called 'maples' to see the progress of our programs. 

Me: "Hi, I'm calling to check on the status of the order I placed on Monday (it's now Wednesday - wedding on Friday).

Twit: "Uhh, yea, um, we can't do it."

Me:  <PAUSE>  <Heart Palpitations>  "Excuse me?  Why didn't someone call me and tell me this yesterday?"

Twit: "Well, you said you were going to call and check the status this evening, so we're telling you now."

Me: "Are you freaking kidding me?" 

<CLICK>

I was about to explode with frustration and anger. 

Who knew the stress level would be this high a mere two days before one of the biggest days of my life?

Thankfully my brother was there and he convinced me to call them back and speak with the manager which I did.  I went over the conversation I had with the Twit and the continued to ask him if he thought this was good customer service to which he promptly answered no.

It was 5:30pm, I called a competing business which I will GLADLY give their proper name: Fed Ex Office formerly Fed Ex Kinkos (I had no clue they changed names).  Anyway, I called them, told them what I needed to see if they could do it and to my delight, they could.

An hour later I am finally back to my parent's feeling much more confident about the programs.   They did the job like a pro shop should...a far cry from 'Maples.' 

This was a lesson learned...don't wait until the week of your wedding to do your programs.  Not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment