Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Skinny on the Weigh-In

Last Thursday was my first weight in at Weight Watchers.  I don't know how it's done at other meetings but where I attend meetings, there's a long line.  You go up, find your card, pay for the meeting and proceed down the line where there is a myriad of Weight Watchers tools (to help you along your journey), snacks, cookbooks, etc.  Finally, waiting at the end of the line is the make or break of my mood for the rest of that evening.  The scale!  Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

I stepped on the scale as I handed my card to my leader.  I had lost 1 lb!  Now for me, this was outstanding and all I wanted to do was jump up and down, make a speech and possibly kiss a few babies.  This was a great moment and I hope to have plenty more of them.  

Tonight is my second weigh in and I'm nervous.  The hubs and I went away for 3-4 days over the weekend and while I stuck to the plan, I'm just not sure how well I did. All I can do is hope for the best and just try to remember that tomorrow is a new day!

2 comments: